Recipe by Rita~
I had a bunch of green home grown Tomatoes, Dill & Thai Peppers so I came up with this recipe. Crunchy, Sweet and Very Spicy. This is a raw pack recipe.Place a pretty ribbon on the jars and it makes a great gift.
- 6 -8 cups green tomatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, sliced on the angle
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 12 Thai peppers
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons peppercorns
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vinegar and water with sugar (in a non aluminum pot) bringing to boil then simmer on low heat till ready to pour into jars.
- Place in 3 quart hot sterile canning jars 1 tablespoon each salt, dill.
- 1 teaspoon each peppercorns, coriander seed, 1/3 teaspoon in each of mustard seed,& celery seed,.
- Mix tomatoes, carrots, onions together.
- Place one pepper and garlic clove on spices then one-third vegetables an other pepper.
- Repeat 2 more layers.
- Pour vinegar mixture on vegetables leaving 1/2 inch head space and removing air bubbles from vegies.
- Place sterilized lids and rings on jars and put into a water bath for 20 minutes.