Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2009
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- 4 small dried hot red chiles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add garlic, dill, and peppers to pan. Let stand 1 minute.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beans in a large glass bowl; cover and refrigerate 1 week, stirring occasionally.
Yummy little things...full of tart spicy goodness...I used the French Haricots Verts...I let them hang out for a week in a large bowl...btw...I cut the recipe in half...there's just two of us...once the week of confinement was up...I threw them in a Jar...I sure didn't want them to escape...these would be great in a Bloody Mary...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...=)