Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a sweet n sour fish dish. The fish fillet is first coated with flour and then deep fried to give it a crispy texture. So it is best to serve it immediately after the seasoning sauce has been poured over it, otherwise as the sauce set it, the fish will not be as crispy. Enjoy!
- 500 g fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- oil (for frying)
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped for garnishing (optional)
- Cut fish fillet to small pieces.
- Dip each fish piece into the beaten egg, coat it evenly and drip off excess.
- Next coat fish pieces in salt and flour mixture.
- Shake off excess.
- In a bowl, mix together seasoning sauce- chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, sugar and sesame oil.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Deep fry fish fillet, drain.
- In a saucepan, simmer seasoning sauce, stirring to thicken sauce.
- Once sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over fish fillet.
- Sprinkle spring onion on top as garnish and serve immediately.