1/5 Photos of Spicy Pickled Beets
8 hrs 20 mins
We usually have a bottle of these in the fridge, a very nice pickle! from Canadian Diabetes Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beets in a sterilized jar.
- 2Combine vinegar, water, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 3Pour over sliced beets, cover tightly, refrigerate for 8 hours or longer until beets are pickled.
- 4(Remove cloves after 3 days.) Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
- 5Variation: These are best with fresh beets, but if fresh beets are unavailable, well drained canned beets will work nearly as well.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 432.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g