1/2 Photos of Spicy Pickled Beets
Posted for a Beet Lover!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Beets should be no larger than 1 and 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 2Wash and drain beets, makin sure to leave 2 inches of stems and the tap root.
- 3Put Beets in a large nonreactive saucepan.
- 4Cover with boiling water and cook until tender-about 12 minutes-ish.
- 5Drain well.
- 6Remove peel and trim ends.
- 7Comvine the remaining ingredients in another large nonreactive saucepot.
- 8Bring to a full boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- 10Add beets and cook until they are heated through.
- 11Remove cinnamon sticks and pieces.
- 12Pack hot beets into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 13Ladle hot liquid over beet, again leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 14Remove air bubbles.
- 15Wipe rims and adjust two piece caps.
- 16Process in a boiling water bath canner for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (3681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 945.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 142.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g