Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Pace Picante Sauce works well for this, I also used a very hot salsa that I canned last fall, I have made these ribs using both homemade salsa and the Pace Picante sauce, using the Pace Picante Sauce you will get a nice mild burn after eating a few :) --- the ribs are fully cooked before marinating them, plan ahead there is an 8-24 marinating time --- for the very best flavor I strongly suggest to prepare the sauce up to 3 days ahead and refrigerate the flavors in strongly intensify --- these are very good
- 2 lbs pork spareribs (cut into serving-size pieces)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 jalapenos (finely chopped, remove the seeds or leave in depending to your heat level)
- 2 cups Pace Picante Sauce (or use your own favorite)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon white salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, use for more heat) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ribs in a large pot then cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Add in the juice from 1 lemon to the water.
- Simmer the ribs over medium-low heat for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Drain and cool the ribs.
- Place the cooled ribs in one or two heavy resealable plastic bag/s.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and cook stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and jalapeno peppers and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with Tasasco for more heat if desired.
- Cool the sauce slightly then pour over the ribs in the bag; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours (turning the bag a few times during refrigeration time).
- Preheat grill to medium the grease the grates.
- Remove the ribs from bag, then grill a few minutes on each side until lightly browned (or you may broil in the oven).