This recipe comes from our local newspaper. I make mine on a gluten free crust - my attempt at replicating Boston Pizza's Perogy Pizza.
- Thinly slice potatoes and place, over lapping, on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, dried red chilies and paprika. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Spread a very thin layer of tomato sauce on crust and sprinkle with mozzarella (not as much sauce or cheese as on a regular pizza or it will overpower the potatoes) Carefully spread sour cream on top of sauce/cheese.
- Place baked potato slices on top and sprinkle with broken up bacon and then onions.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes. Take pizza out and sprinkle cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.
- Turn oven off and put pizza back in for about 5 minutes to melt the cheddar.
Thanks for the recipe, I was looking to replicate Boston Pizza's perogy pizza as well and this came pretty close. Next time I might change the layering a bit: Crust, sauce, sour cream, potatoes, onions, bacon, mozzarella, cheddar, green onions. Surprisingly, this was a hit with my six-year old as well and she wants to give you her review as well. "It was good, but something was missing and we don't know what. Maybe a little more red pepper taste. I think I'll have this pizza again." In my opinion, garlic might have been the missing ingredient, throw in some minced or slivered garlic in a middle layers. The four stars came from her, something we all really liked but I told her to save five stars for "best she's ever had".
I was also looking to create a pizza just like Boston Pizza's "Spicy Perogy Pizza"..... And this is it! In-fact, I think it was even better. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese, but I used Jalapeño peppered cheese.. gives it a little kick! :) I also didn't have any onions on hand, but I used Victorian Epicures 3 Onion Dip mix- and that did the trick! I am actually making this for a SECOND time this week, Lets see if my DH loves it as much as I do! Thank you so much for posting, I know I will be using this recipe many more times. and its so easy! :) 5 stars- thanks again, it was super yummy!!
OMG! We loved this!!! DH can't stop raving about it and has told me its one of the best pizzas hes ever had and I'm under instruction not to make any other sort again! For me it brought back wonderful memories of living in Calgary, thank you so much!!!