Prep 48 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Chipotle Chilies, Coke, and Black Pepper are infused in Beef Sirloin. These Beef Strips have a sweet spicy flavor.
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (Regular)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Low-Sodium)
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar (Not Seasoned)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (Pure Syurp)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons ground black pepper (Fine)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 chipotle chiles (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 cup onion (Fine Diced)
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (Fine)
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steaks (Boneless)
- In a saucepan whisk coca cola, soy sauce, L & Perrins, rice vinegar, maple syrup, fine sea salt, 2-tablespoons fine black pepper and bay leaves. Bring to a full boil, reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until you have 1 cup of sauce.
- Add chilies, 1-tablespoon chili sauce, Hungarian paprika, onions, red pepper, black peppercorns, garlic and whisk sauce to combine. Remove from heat, place in a container, cover with plastic and chill.
- Trim excess fat from steak and place into a pie pan. Freeze for 10-15 minutes and slice into thin strips.
- Place strips into a large plastic bag, add sauce, remove air from bag and seal. Marinate beef strips for 2-3 days. Turn bag over once a day to marinate steak evenly.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, place oven rack in lower position and reduce oven to 200 F degrees.
- Line sheet pans with parchment paper, spread beef strips out and dust with remaining fine black pepper.
- Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Chef's Note: Use Chiloptle Chilies from a can with sauce. Use Pure Maple Syurp and regular Coca Cola.