Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Family's Favorite.
Make and share this Spicy Pepper Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup diced tomato
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cut beef across grain into thin strips.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, garlic, paprika, ginger, and oil.
- Add the beef to bowl and stir to coat.
- Cover bowl and let it stand 30 min at room temperature.
- In the meantime, slice vegetables.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add the beef and cook over med/high heat until browned.
- Remove meat.
- Add vegetables (except tomatoes) to the pan.
- Cook vegetables until tender crisp.
- Return meat to the pan with the vegetables.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
I really loved this recipe i decided to add a couple of items to it, but over all it was great. I feed about 7 people with this dish and they loved it.
This is another of my PAC recipes and I'm so glad I picked it. This was one of the best Pepper Steak recipes I've ever tried. The meat was very flavorful with the addition of the crisp tender peppers, it was absolutely wonderful. I didn't change a thing except to double the marinade, and not sure why I did that, really didn't need to. Thanks for posting