Recipe by J e l i s a
Not sure what the Korean name is, we always called it Sukiyaki, but I don't think that's it. Maybe mom made her own variation of another dish, as I've never had this elsewhere.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I chickened out and only used 1 T red pepper flakes and it was plenty hot enough for us. I also subed Splenda for the sugar. I did wait and add the green pepper later. This is really good. The beef had enough fat to fry it all up perfect. Good stuff Jelisa!!
- 453.59 g lean beef, cut in thin strips
- 473.18 ml carrots, sliced diagonal strips
- 1-2 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml korean red pepper flakes (do not sub)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in frying pan (no oil required).
- Cook over medium heat, keep covered.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Cook until veggies are tender.
- Note: If you prefer your green peppers to be crispier than the carrots, add them in a little later.
- Serve over rice (also makes a great fajita).