Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is sweet and spicy. Use as a glaze or top cream cheese for an appetizer.
- Blend first three ingredients in a blender and transfer to pot with sugar.
- Bring slowly to a boil stirring all the while until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly to the gelling point.
- As it thickens stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- When it's at the gelling point remove and pour into sterilized jars with a 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps and process for 15 minutes in a water bath.
First of all, I halved the recipe. I didn't have any thai peppers, so I used a couple of jalepenos. They weren't quite spicy enough, so I added about a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, which was just about perfect- smooth and sweet with a little bite on the back end. The half recipe made four half pints. Looking forward to giving it as a gift with Christmas!
I made this with Jalapenos out of my garden and plums out of my tree. Excellent! I also fried Chicken breast in it (& little water) and sprinkled toasted sesame seeds over the top....Bam! Damian Somewhere in Washington
This is wondrful! Instead of using sugar I used Whey Low to make this a diabetic friendly recipe.