Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We use this as burrito filling, for quesadillas, by itself, or over rice. It is quick, easy, and can even be made vegetarian by leaving out the chicken. This is very spicy, so adjust the spices or leave out the jalapenos if you like it milder. It will still be delicious. The servings are really approximate, it depends on what type of dish you use them for.
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen bell peppers (red,green, and yellow bell peppers)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 6 tablespoons crystal brand hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Add frozen pepper mix, jalapenos, sliced onion to large pot.
- Heat over high heat, stirring a few times, until peppers are thawed.
- Reduce heat to medium and add canned chicken, stir.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne, stir.
- Add hot sauce and mix well.
- Let simmer uncovered on medium to medium-low, for ca. 5 minutes for flavors to blend and until all liquid is evaporated.
- Serve with side of rice OR.
- warm burrito shells in microwave, add pepper mix to it top with fat-free shredded cheddar cheese before rolling OR.
- add to warm burrito shells, top with fat-free shredded cheddar cheese, fold in half and brown in skillet until cheese is melted and shells are crispy, for quesadillas.