Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen. The recipe in the book calls for grilling. Heat one side of your grill to medium, and place pork on the hot side, grilling for 12 to 15 minutes, turning 3 times and basting with reserved marinade. Move pork to the cool side and close the grill cover. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 145 F. Let rest before slicing.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite pepper jelly
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the pork dry and remove any excess fat.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, and then pour over the pork (or into a resealable bag, with the pork). Marinate at least two hours or overnight. Turn the pork several times, to distribute the marinade evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Remove the pork from the bag/bowl, and pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Liberally salt and pepper the tenderloin.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the pork and sear on all sides, about 8 minutes. Place the entire pan in the oven and cook until internal temperature reads 145, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil on the stove. Boil for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Brush the cooked tenderloin with the boiled marinade. Tent the pork with foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.