Recipe by joop
I had leftovers that needed to get used up today: sliced peppers and shredded carrots. I fluked into this amazingly tasty soup so thought I'd immortalize it. It's heart smart, crazy healthy and fully vegan. Serve with a good crusty bread for a spicy hearty dinner.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 whole white onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetarian chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (pick a big one and throw it in, sauce and all)
- 1 cup french blue lentils
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in oil in a soup pot over medium heat until onions are clear.
- Add fennel and marjoram, saute to coat.
- Add water, bouillon, vinegar, veggies and chipotle and bring to a boil.
- In 15 minutes put your immersion blender in the pot and puree (alternately, transfer to a blender/food processor and puree thoroughly).
- When the soup is smooth, add lentils and boil 15 minutes.