A flavoursome chicken pasta dish rich with simple complimentary ingredients that can be adapted in strength depending on the diners preferance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If fresh chop fine a small amount of coriander & basil. If dry add coriander & basil into mortar & crush with pestle. If fresh put chopped herbs into mortar (If not keep herbs within mortar), regardless now add desired amount of black peppercorns & crush, now add some nuts to the mixture & crush.
- 2Chop up 1 red pepper, half the onion & the garlic cloves roughly and put in food processor. Now add the pasta sauce, a sensible amount of pesto, a generous amount of lime juice & the spice/nut mix within the mortar. Now process well & leave.
- 3Chop the other half of the onion very finely & also cut the chicken breasts into bite size cubes. Fry the onion in some olive oil until golden then add the chicken. After the chicken turns white add your desired amount of chilli powder then add a generous amount of lime juice to the wok/pan.
- 4Put the spaghetti on to boil while pan-frying the chicken, also finely chop the second red pepper and after a few minutes of the coated chicken being in the pan/wok add the chopped pepper.
- 5Wait a few more minutes then add a little more lime juice while continuing to stir on a medium/high heat. Put the sauce from the processor into a saucepan & heat gently.
- 6When chicken is almost cooked add a little more lime juice if necersary to insure moist, turn up heat on sauce to insure it is heated through properly.
- 7When chicken is cooked well, put aside, when sauce is hot put aside, when spaghetti is cooked put aside (this should all happen in close proximity) then mix all together in large bowl & serve immediatly with warm ciabatta (or similar) bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pepper Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 845.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g