Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by I'mPat
A nice easy recipe to put together but to us it missed something and after much debate we decided it needed a chilli or 2 added. I did have to use hokein egg noodles and also added a lot of extra vegies (therefore cutting way back on the spring onion) to make a one pot meal. Thank you Evie*.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs beef rump, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 kg fresh rice noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced fine
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine steak, sauces, water, pepper, sugar and juice in large bowl.
- Cover, refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain steak from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water, stir to separate; drain well.
- Mix 1 tsp of the oil through the noodles.
- Heat remaining oil in large wok, add steak in batches, stir-fry until tender; remove steak.
- Add onions and reserved marinade to wok; stir until hot.
- Return steak to wok with noodles and seeds; stir fry until hot.