Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 1⁄3 lbs beef rump, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 kg fresh rice noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced fine
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine steak, sauces, water, pepper, sugar and juice in large bowl.
- Cover, refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain steak from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water, stir to separate; drain well.
- Mix 1 tsp of the oil through the noodles.
- Heat remaining oil in large wok, add steak in batches, stir-fry until tender; remove steak.
- Add onions and reserved marinade to wok; stir until hot.
- Return steak to wok with noodles and seeds; stir fry until hot.
A nice easy recipe to put together but to us it missed something and after much debate we decided it needed a chilli or 2 added. I did have to use hokein egg noodles and also added a lot of extra vegies (therefore cutting way back on the spring onion) to make a one pot meal. Thank you Evie*.
Made this for the family and we all loved it. Only problem was we all wished I had made more! That is a sure sign this recipe needs to go in my favorite file, I will be making it again soon.
We enjoyed this. I did add an extra teaspoon of sesame oil but that is just my personal taste. Very quick and easy to make with ingredients that are normally on hand. Thanks Evie*