Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A beautiful, and quick dish that quests will be ingrigued by. Make extra cheese and parsley for garnish. Serve with grilled Italian sausage or grilled chicken marinated in garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese (grated)
- 1 lb penne
- Mix all ingredients (except the cheese) in a blender and slowly add olive oil and blend until smooth. Toss with cooked penne and add pecorino cheese.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and parsley.