Recipe by Manami
We're making these for some of the family members' that have contributed to "our home" throughout the year. Haven't tasted these as yet, but the kitchen crew liked them. (Shouldn't eat spicy foods -- that doesn't mean I obey all the time!).
Top Review by French Tart
OMG! What naughty but addictive nuts! I loved these - they were just the right hint of spiciness with sweetness! I live in France, so Mrs.Dash is not available - so I used a local lemon pepper seasoning and a local Cajun spice seasoning mix - with great success! I only made a quarter of the recipe, as I am by myself at the moment and did not want to be TOO tempted! Made for the Spicy Photo event in the photos forum. Thanks! FT:-)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend)
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend)
- 4 cups raw pecan halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Asdd brown sugar, water, MrsDash Extra Spicy and MrsDash Lemon Pepper seasoning blends; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add nuts to sugar mixture and cook until syrup thickly coats nuts.
- Stir often, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to prepared baking sheets. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, being careful not to BURN. (Did that with the first batch!).
- Remove sheets from oven, cool completely.
- Store nuts in airtight tins at room temperature.