Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Sweet and savory pecans. They may be served as a snack and also used in cornbread dressing for your turkey.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- Cook brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, butter, salt, chili powder, and pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until brown sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pecans.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
This is a great recipe. I've made them before but added a little cinnamon. They seem to be a favorite with the men.
These were easy to make and a real hit with my guests.
They burnt. Oh yes, they were crisp and black. However, I salvaged what I could and sure am glad i did because they were niiiice!!! I had to add more nuts and I used walnuts, and maybe next time I'll try the cinnamon suggestion.