Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The next few recipes are all from my Diabetic Health Conscious Recipe Books. Even if you're not diabetic, they are still a very good choice and you can adjust your seasonings. Whenever I cook for my parents, they enjoy the meals, they're filling, tasteful and for me easy to prepare. Plus I don't have to make separate meals, we all eat the same dinners!
- Toast and chop your pecans, coarsely crush the whole grain cereal, chop your scallions and mince your garlic.
- In a glass baking dish combine the scallions, teriyaki sauce and garlic. Add the fillets, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate 1 - 2 hours.
- I a pie plate, combine the read crumbs, cereal and pecans. Remove the trout from the marinade one at a time and place in the plate. Press into the crumb mixture to coat all sides. Repeat with remaining fillets, discarding the marinade.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the trout, and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned (don't over cook or it will be dry) it should flake easily when tested with fork. Sprinkle with the basil and enjoy.
- I roast some yams/sweet potatoes with garlic, salt and oil and serve along side this dish (of course, I would roast this until done then do the fish) Or you can do the black bean salad I have posted.