Recipe by SusieQusie
From the California Pear website - found this while looking for a totally unrelated one & it sounded intriguing. If you make it before I do, be sure and leave a review.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peeled & diced slightly under-ripe california bartlett pears
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggs, bourbon, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, and salt, and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in pears and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and turn pan over, releasing cake onto a plate.
- **For Bourbon Glaze:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, cook and stir for one minute.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Place slices of cake on dessert plates and drizzle with hot glaze.