1/3 Photos of Spicy Peanut Soup
I received this recipe from Carolina Rice. It's a nice and hearty soup. RICH! (African touch with the sweet potatoes and beans)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth or 1892.72 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml rice
- 709.77 ml thick & chunky salsa
- 3 (1360.77 g) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml diced unpeeled zucchini
- 158.51 ml creamy peanut butter
- 1In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat and saute the onions, sweet potato, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken broth, thyme, cumin, and rice.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender, 18-20 minutes.
- 4Add the salsa, beans and zucchini; cook until zucchini is tender about 10 minutes.
- 5Add peanut butter and stir until completely combined.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Peanut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1948.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 22.5 g