Recipe by Rita~
I received this recipe from Carolina Rice. It's a nice and hearty soup. RICH! (African touch with the sweet potatoes and beans)!
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth or 1892.72 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml rice
- 709.77 ml thick & chunky salsa
- 3 (1360.77 g) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml diced unpeeled zucchini
- 158.51 ml creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat and saute the onions, sweet potato, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, thyme, cumin, and rice.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender, 18-20 minutes.
- Add the salsa, beans and zucchini; cook until zucchini is tender about 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and stir until completely combined.