Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A traditional recipe from my country. This is often served with a fresh tropical fruit salad and flatbread.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peanuts and 8 fluid ounces or so of the chicken stock and puree the mixture.
- In a saucepan, combine the pureed peanuts, remainder of the chicken stock, the onion, hot pepper sauce and salt to taste; cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soy sauce and carefully add the milk, stirring until blended with the rest of the soup.
- Continue cooking over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, pour into bowls and garnish with croutons, serving hot.
- As a special treat, serve it in crusty bread bowls.