1/1 Photo of Spicy Peanut Sauce
One of the best recipes for peanut sauce I have tried! This goes great with grilled meats, especially on grilled chicken skewers, on noodles, even used as a salad dressing for spinach salad!. You won't be able to keep your spoon out of the jar, it is that good LOL! This peanut sauce is of a thinner consistency, if you want a thicker sauce, then add in more peanut butter and reduce the water just slightly. This can be made up to 3 days in advance. Kikkoman Thai-Style chili sauce can be found in any Asian section of major grocery stores, I purchase mine at Safeway stores in the Asian section, but you can use any brand of Thai chili sauce for this. You can use about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon (or to taste) red pepper flakes in place of the chili sauce. This recipe may be cut in half to make 2 cups.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil (do not use olive oil for this)
- 5 scallions, chopped very fine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peanut butter (can add in more to make a thicker sauce)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai-style chili sauce (I use Kikkoman chili sauce for this)
- 1In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat and sauté the scallions, garlic and ginger (about 1 minute).
- 2Add/stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring.
- 3Simmer the sauce until smooth, then cool to room temperature.
- 4*NOTE* If you are refrigerating the sauce, and you find that the sauce is too thick after chilling, stir in a couple of tablespoons of hot water and stir until combined, adding more hot water until the sauce is of the right consistency.
- 5This sauce is best served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.3
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 20.5 g