Recipe by Deantini
This recipe is from LCBO's Wine&Food magazine. My husband makes this recipe when I am away because I really do not like peanut butter. But for those of you that do this seems to be :) a great recipe
Top Review by shannondab
Flavors were good, but sauce ended up a little pasty after mixing noodles and sauce. I also think the rice noodles are hard to work with. I'll use fettucini from now on. I made according tp directions.
- 115 g rice noodles (1/2 package)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, shelled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice noodles into a large bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Let stand for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Cut tenderloin in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and saute pork until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate. Add green onions and red peppers and saute for about 4 minutes until crisp-tender. Add to plate with pork tenderloin.
- Whisk together water, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and chili paste and pour into skillet, bring to a boil. Return pork and vegetables to skillet.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes or until coated well.
- Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.