Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just like take out, but homemade and a lot healthier.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili paste, with garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter,1/4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, chili paste and sugar in large bowl; whisk until blended (if sauce to thick thin it with water should have consistency of cream).
- Add linguine, bell pepper, cucumber and green onions and toss well.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Wonderful! Added more home canned chili-garlic sauce & extra garlic cloves & fresh Sweet Thai basil from the garden along with the cilantro. Used sweet soy sauce (1T) instead of the sugar. MARVELOUS! Fast elegant keeper recipe! Thanks Skippy!
I was about to post this recipe...I had torn it off a subscription card to the Vegetarian Times and tried it...really good! I use whole wheat pasta and I never use cilantro, lime or cucumber, though, but I'm sure it's good with those added.
Dh liked this and I LOVED it. So easy, so good. Tastes like you put a lot more work into it than you actually did. We found recipe #151799 the perfect accompaniment.