A different and delicious take on the ramen coleslaw salad! I came up with this recipe when we found ourselves making and eating our other version so often (Asian Style Chicken Ramen Dinner Cole Slaw, it’s so good!) that we wanted a slightly different kind. :) The recipe makes 4 main-dish portions, or 8-10 side dish portions. It's great as a dinner entrée, and fast and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter, to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 green onions, chopped (scallions)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained, cut in halves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Sauté the chicken pieces in olive and sesame oils until browned. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a very large bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients well.
- 3Add the browned chicken and coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage to the dressing and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- 4Into a bowl, break up the ramen noodles into smaller pieces. In a saucepan, heat the amount of water according to package directions to a brisk boil and add the seasoning packets. Add the bowl of noodles all at once to the boiling seasoned water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 90 seconds. (You want the noodles slightly cooked, but not as limp as ramen will get if you cook it fully.) When noodles have cooked for 90 seconds, remove from heat and immediately drain.
- 5Add the semi-cooked drained ramen noodles to the coleslaw and toss again to combine well.
- 6Place salad in a large container and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (it helps to cool and chill them if you stir the slaw a couple of times during chilling).
- 7Garnish with chopped toasted peanuts. Makes 4 entrée-size servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Peanut Chicken Ramen Dinner Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 918.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: