Recipe by Music Heather
This recipe is from Nancy Zimmerman via Light & Tasty Magazine (now called Healthy Cooking). I enjoyed it so much that I thought to share it online. These can be used as an appetizer or as the meat portion of a meal.
Top Review by Sue Tip
We enjoyed the chicken but I only had crunchy peanut butter and maybe that's why the mixture stayed clumpy when I made it. I will be making this again after I buy smooth peanut butter. I left out the cayenne pepper so my children would eat it. It's a very easy meal!
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Pour 3/4 cup mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add onion and chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture.
- Drain and discard mixture from sealed bag. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Brush with reserved mixture before serving.