Recipe by Karrie Massotti
If you like a little hot with your sweet than this is the candy for you. Peanut brittle with a little spice added and all made in microwave so super simple.
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry roasted salted peanuts (Note, I have used unsalted and still tastes good but lower in sodium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Also spray a metal spatula (and yes it matters, goo will stick to all others and make it impossible to work with)
- set aside cookie sheet and spatula.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanuts, hot pepper sauce and allspice
- Put sugar and corn syrup into a large glass microwavable bowl.
- Stir mixture - will be very thick but will change when heated.
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 4 minutes.
- stir again.
- add in spicy peanut mixture.
- stir until blended.
- Return to microwave and cook on high 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in butter.
- Microwave 45 seconds.
- Very quickly add in baking soda and vanilla and stir. It will foam and the color witl lighten.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan and spread as thin as possible with prepared spatula.
- Cool, break into pieces (put in bag and use hammer to smash is easiest).