Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unexpected combination of ingredients is very refreshing on a hot summer day. Since you don't have to peel the peaches, it's a snap to put together! And fat-free! This was originally from a magazine (don't remember which one) but i have modified it a bit to suit.
- 2 lbs fresh peaches
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, loosely packed (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending how spicy you like things)
- Pit and slice the peaches.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients and toss to mix.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours to blend flavors.
I peeled the peaches, feel and taste mean a lot to someone who is sightless and I used dried cilantro soaked in a little water with the lemon juice and sugar. Then added all together and chilled. The next time I prepare I am going to add a little amaretto and cut the cilantro in half. Should be good also. Thanks for posting!