Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Look out...this meal has a real kick to it. So very good will all its complex flavors. if you like peanut sauces with your stir-fry and craving such a dish, this will really do the trick.
- 1 (7 2/3 ounce) package yakisoba noodles
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas (Ends snipped and De-stringed)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 3⁄4 cup fresh broccoli and cauliflower mix, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (Red & Green Bell, Sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup raw unsalted peanuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 medium green onions (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- First, start by chopping up all the vegetables evenly, if not already chopped.
- Heat in a skillet over medium high heat 1 Tbsp of the Sesame oil, add the Garlic and onions. Cook until they are just soft, add the remaining vegetables. Continuously stir until all the vegetables become just soft, but still have a bite to them.
- While the veggies are cooking, in a small saucepan, on medium heat, combine the following ingredients, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Stir continuously until the peanut butter is melted and all of these ingredients become a nice sauce. If it's too thick for your liking, add a bit of milk to relieve the thickness. If the sauce is too thin, add a bit more peanut butter to your desired thickness. Keep warm and stir frequently until ready for use.
- Leaving the skillet on, remove the cooked veggies from the skillet and place on a plate out of the way temporarily. Add one package of the Yakisoba noodles (discarding the seasoning packet offered inside the package.) separate by breaking the noodles apart and heat up within the same skillet. Place veggies back into the same skillet with the noodles and combine evenly warming through.
- Pour the peanut butter sauce over the top and add the peanuts or almonds. Combine until all the vegetables, nuts and noodles are evenly coated. Heat through. If it becomes to thick add a bit more milk and mix until well combined and has a nice & creamy texture.
- Plate and sprinkle a small amount of chopped green onions and serve.