1/3 Photos of Spicy Pasta With Tomato & Bacon Sauce
This is my Dad's recipe - boy is it terrific! Careful with the red pepper flakes though - first time he made it - Wowzers!! It was a little too spicy! In my opinion this sauce tastes even better the second day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp and drain (reserve 1 tablespoons in skillet).
- 2Set bacon aside to cool.
- 3Add olive oil and onions to skillet.
- 4Saute onions until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in garlic, tomatoes, salt, sugar and pepper flakes.
- 6Cook your choice of pasta in the meantime.
- 7Simmer 30 minutes to reduce liquid.
- 8Crumble bacon and add to sauce along with parsley if desired.
- 9Remove sauce from heat.
- 10Toss cooked pasta with sauce and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pasta With Tomato & Bacon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1145.7
- Calories from Fat 574
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1265.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g