Recipe by Suzie
Saw this in a 2009 issue of Family Circle. I tweaked it a bit to suit our taste, and DH was very happy with the results. It's really easy to make and is ready in no time. The Capicola gives it quite a bit of a kick--that's why I've tagged it (Spicy)--so I would go easy on the pepper until you taste test. If you you try it, I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by viqandtom_11042909
I've been looking for this recipe. It is my favorite and I lost my magazine that had it. Even Family Circle doesn't have it listed under their recipes. Thank you for sharing and posting!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups ditalini
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 lb capicola (spicy Italian ham)
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and carrots; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, Capicola, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and garlic bread.