Great for a cold night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces orecchiette (or other small pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1Strain liquid from canned beans into blender.
- 2Add 1 cup beans and puree until smooth.
- 3Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- 4Add sausages, rosemary, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- 5Sauté until sausages are cooked through, breaking up with fork, about 8 minutes.
- 6Mix in tomato paste.
- 7Add bean puree, remaining beans, broth, and pasta.
- 8Simmer until pasta is tender and mixture is thick, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 9Mix in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve, passing remaining 1 1/4 cups cheese.
- 12Makes 4 to 6 (main-course) servings.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pasta, Bean, and Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1103.5
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 2068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 51.0 g