Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for a cold night!
Make and share this Spicy Pasta, Bean, and Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces orecchiette (or other small pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated romano cheese
- Strain liquid from canned beans into blender.
- Add 1 cup beans and puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add sausages, rosemary, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until sausages are cooked through, breaking up with fork, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in tomato paste.
- Add bean puree, remaining beans, broth, and pasta.
- Simmer until pasta is tender and mixture is thick, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Mix in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, passing remaining 1 1/4 cups cheese.
- Makes 4 to 6 (main-course) servings.