Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthy and delicious pasta dish with a nice kick to it! It is from the Good-For-You-Pasta Cookbook, but I found it on another recipe site. It has become a favorite pasta dish in my family! Prep time includes cooking pasta.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb precooked deveined and peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill
- 1⁄3 cup clam juice
- 1⁄3 cup cooking white wine
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Saute shrimp in olive oil in skillet or saucepan until heated thru.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet or pan, with onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until liquid evaporates, then add clam juice, tomatoes, wine, and dill.
- Cook for 5 mins, salt and pepper to taste, and then cook for 10 additional mins.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 min or until heated thru.
- Pour shrimp mixture over hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
this recipe sounds good; can't wait to try it out