Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is good when you're having a party, cause it feeds lots of people. You can also cook it a day in advance. I like it a lot cause I love spicy food. A friend of mine gave it to me. Yummy :-)
- 2 lbs pork or 2 lbs beef
- 4 teaspoons oil (any kind)
- 3 -5 chilies (hot kind)
- 3 cans tomatoes
- 3 cans kidney beans
- 3 -5 jalapenos
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 large onions
- 1 -3 teaspoon cumin
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 small red peppers or 2 -3 small green peppers
- 1⁄2 bottle dark beer
- chili powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- Cut pork or beef into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Clean and cut all your vegetables, like chilies, garlic, jalapenos, onions and peppers.
- (I usually cut up everything pretty small, diced).
- Put the oil in large pot, probably the biggest one you've got.
- When really hot add your meat and brown good.
- Add all your vegetables.
- And brown some more.
- Pour the beer on top.
- Then add your tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and spices.
- Simmer at least 2 hours.
- I think it get better the longer you cook it.
- Before it's done add more spices if needed.
- Serve with grated cheese and a tsp of sour cream.