Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
This is based on a Jamie Oliver recipe. It is rich and delicious - and even better reheated the second day!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb-sized chunk ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 6 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and garam masala and sauté an additional 5 minutes - the onions will be soft and sweet.
- Drop in the parnsips and stir until they are completely coated with the mixture. Add the milks and veggie broth and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes - with the lid on.
- Check the parsnips, if they are soft then it's time to blend! Add some salt and pepper then use an immersion blender to puree the soup completely.
- Serve with chopped chili and chopped coriander leaves sprinkled on top of each bowlful.