Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a Good Housekeeping book called Healthy Eating...very easy to make
- 1 onion
- 450 g parsnips
- 225 g carrots
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 300 ml skim milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and cut parsnips and carrots into evely sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the vegetables, coat with oil,and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for a minute.
- Stir in the stock and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool a little, and then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. If it's too thick for your liking add more stock.
- Reheat gently to serve.
I had no idea what to expect with this recipe because I'm not accustomed to buying or preparing parsnips. I loved it. I decided to cut this recipe in half and I added 1 Tblsp dried parsley and 1 tsp Seasoning salt. I threw everything in a crock pot. Thank you for contributing to my collection of fabulous recipes. Sincerely, Sherry Belle
Yum, so easy & super tasty, the whole family loved it. Thanks for posting!
Best soup I have tasted in a long time! Top Marks for this:)