PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on the "How Sweet It Is" blog (www.howsweeteats.com) and I'm posting it for safe keeping. I'm adding snow peas, mushrooms and sliced carrots to the original recipe to add some veggies to the mix. I'm also using the "thick water" variation to avoid the olive oil and save some calories. *PREP TIME INCLUDES MARINATING TIME*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 cups whole wheat penne, cooked
- sliced green onion, for serving
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1To make thick water: In a small saucepan, combine cool water and corn starch. Heat over Medium until boiling. Boil until thickened. Allow to cool before using. It can be covered and stored in the fridge for a day or two. Makes about 1 cup.
- 2RECIPE DIRECTIONS:.
- 3In a bowl, whisk 1/3 cup thick water, parmesan, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes together.
- 4Add shrimp to a large ziplock bag, pour marinade over top, then seal bag and shake to coat.
- 5Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes (or as long as desired).
- 6Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add mushrooms, snow peas and carrots. Stir fry until mushrooms are cooked (about 5-8 minutes).
- 8Strain shrimp marinade into skillet with veggies. Heat until bubbly.
- 9Reduce heat to Medium and add the shrimp and any remaining marinade. Cook shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- 10As soon as shrimp is finished, add cooked penne into the skillet and toss to coat completely.
- 11Top with additional parmesan cheese and sliced green onions, then serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Sodium 935.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 27.3 g