Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another pasta w/ fresh vegetables sauce. The garden is overflowing.
- 8 medium fresh ripe juicy tomatoes
- 2 small red onions
- 8 kirby cucumbers, skin on, coarsely chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves or 2 tablespoons marjoram leaves
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb dried pappardelle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Core the tomatoes, cut them in half vertically, then cut each half into 8 chunks; transfer to a big serving bowl.
- Peel onions and cut in half vertically; cut each half into very thin vertical slices.
- Add to the tomatoes in the bowl with the cucumbers, pepper sauce, olive oil, vinegar, dried and fresh oregano, and salt to taste.
- Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil; generously salt water; drop in the pappardelle.
- Cook, stirring often, until al dente; drain pasta and toss in the bowl with the tomatoes and cucumbers; add in parsley; toss to combine and serve right away.