Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Spicy pancakes are so wonderful in the fall especially at Thanksgiving time.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, garnish
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add remaining ingredients, except egg whites and garnish, and beat until smooth.
- gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot greased griddle.
- Turn pancakes when they ar puffed and full of bubbles, but before bubbles break.
- Cook other side until golden.
- Garnish with sifted icing sugar and lemon rind strips.
Nicely flavored pancakes! All of the spices are a great combo, and the beaten egg whites gave them a nice fluffy texture. Thanks for sharing!