Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this salmon to accompany "Zataran's Black Beans and Rice". It was a quick and easy fix for a busy workday dinner. The salmon turns out juicy on the inside, crispy and brown on the outside and spicy from the combination of seasonings. If you desire to tone it down a notch, cut the amount of cayenne pepper in half. I served each filet atop one serving of "Black Beans and Rice".
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices. Season all sides of salmon filets. Add to skillet when oil is glistening hot.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a crispy, thin brown outside layer forms and fish flakes easily when fork-tested. Do not over-cook, or salmon will be tough.
Delicious! My filet was only 4 oz so I cooked it 3-4 minutes on first side and turned it down slightly and cooked 3 minutes on second side. The flavor was wonderful. Only thing I did different was that I rubbed oil on the filet so I didn't have a puddle of oil burning in the pan and I also sprinkled some lime juice on the filet. I am on a very low carb diet so I ate mine with 1/2 an avocado sprinkled with Adobo seasoning. It was great. The cool balanced the spicy very well. Easy and yummy lunch!
Just loved the rub on the salmon and the aroma as it was cooking was just wonderful and the taste devine. Thank you MarthaStewartWanabe for a wonderful recipe and LifeIsGood for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Game.
We love salmon and this is a delicious and easy way to prepare it. Made as written and served with steamed green beans, Recipe #449610 (corn) and Recipe #361703 (potatoes). Thanks for posting.