Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was a recipe I prepared many times and friends and family enjoyed it. When the local botanical garden had their anual mango festival and the recipe was for chutneys, I received calls urging me to enter. Although this is more of a salsa- I entered and..... 1st place!!! So here it is- enjoy! Excellent on fish, chicken, rice, or as a dip on garlic toast. I often make a tomato bruschetta and serve on the same tray for a nice orange and red visual. Freshness is key!!! especially the mango- if the mango isn't sweet to start- don't bother!!
- 236.59 ml mango (chopped)
- 59.14 ml fresh tomato (chopped)
- 14.78 ml onions (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh bell pepper (chopped)
- 4.92 ml pickled jalapeno pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 4.92 ml honey
- 14.79 ml fresh key lime juice (regular lime juice will do if you cant get key limes)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml fresh basil
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml cilantro
- Prepare all fruit and vegetables and place in seperate prep bowls.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, stirring after each ingredient. Put the mango in last to avoid crushing it.
- Let the chutney stand in the refrigerator several hours or overnight in a sealed container.
- Stir, taste, and adjust the spices, jalepeno, and honey as desired. Enjoy!