Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these potatoes - they are so crispy, have so much flavor and are so easy to throw together! The foil lined baking sheet also makes for super easy clean up which is always appreciated!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preaheat the oven to 525°F
- Scrub and quarter the potatoes (you can peel them if you like - I never do and I think the skins make them crispier) and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle seasonings over potatoes and toss to coal well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Arrange the potatoes in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
I had some leftover red potatoes that needed using up so I tried this one and found it to be very spicy! Of course, we like spicy so that's ok. I also added an onion and 2 small zucchinis that were laying around. YUM!
Crisp and delicious. The garlic powder is better than fresh in this dish, as it coats the potatoes more evenly. The foil lined baking sheet has more than one advantage--I had some leftovers, and just folded the foil over them and put it in the fridge! Great recipe, thanks for posting!
These were really good, and I enjoyed this potato. The cayenne pepper contributed such a wonderful zing and made plain potatoes a real treat. But I think using fresh minced garlic (in place of the garlic powder) might improve the garlic touch. So I'll try to update my review when I have a chance to try this recipe again using fresh garlic. But all around, it's a great potato recipe.