Recipe by Audrey M
A simple meal to put together. Served with any flavor of Lipton Packet Rice, mixed vegetables and side salad makes a complete meal.
Top Review by Amanda Beth
These were tasty. I subbed fat-free saltine crumbs for the breadcrumbs because that was what I had. I also omitted the melted butter. I just sprayed the chicken with cooking spray on top. The chicken was very moist, but it was done in about 25 minutes instead of the stated 40. That may be because my chicken was thin though. We also thought there was too much paprika for us, but that's a personal preference. We weren't too familiar with the flavor of paprika, so this was a great chance for us to taste it! Thanks for the recipe! I will try it again with the breadcrumbs.
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk; dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken breast sides up, in a jelly-roll pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drizzle margarine over chicken.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until done.