Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- 4 large chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the buttermilk and red pepper sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Remove skin and fat from chicken breasts and discard.
- Place chicken in buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt, chili powder, coriander, cumin andground red pepper in a shallow plate.
- Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat well.
- Place chicken, meat side up, on prepared cookie sheet.
- Lightly coat coat chicken with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and lightly coat chicken again with coking spray.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until juices run clear.
- Makes 4 servings.
I made the full amount of breading so I would have extra and with that thought in mind, only made two chicken breasts. I think this would also go well on fish fillets and will try that with the leftover breading.