Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken in the mixture to coat.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a separate medium bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, flour, onion powder, cornstarch, white sugar, garlic salt, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken to a medium baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Claire, the only change I made was to buy chicken legs for this (personal preference). I've never used buttermilk as a marinade before, but it made the legs so juicy and tender. The crumb mixture was really yummy with just the right amount of bite. Thanks for a great recipe that I know we'll make again soon.
The recipe was very easy .My husband I love spicy foods . The taste was great .
The chicken wasn't too spicy for my children, so if you are looking for HOT, add more cayenne. I used 2 pounds of chicken tenders and had lots of the breadcrumb mixture to spare--I would probably cut down on those ingredients next time. The chicken was wonderfully crispy on the outside and tender and flavorful!