My Mom saved me some of the cooking sections from the Sun-Sentinel and when I visited I found this recipe from 11/8/07. It's here so I don't wind up losing it and cluttering my files. *I don't see why you can't use cornflake crumbs to save some time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place oven rack in the top 1/3 of the oven and preheat it to 425 degrees F.
- 2Set a wire rack in a baling pan and coat the rack lightly with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In a food processor, fitted with the metal blade, or in a blender, combine the cornflakes, chili powder, thyme and garlic powder.
- 4Use the on/off pulses until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a shallow bowl or plate.
- 6If the fillets are large, cut them into serving-size pieces.
- 7In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, salt and pepper and then dip the fish into the mixture to coat.
- 8Dredge the fish into the crumb mixture next, turning to coat both sides.
- 9Place the fillets on the prepared rack and repeat with remaining fillets.
- 10Coat both sides of the fillets with the non-stick cooking spray.
- 11Bake 14-18 minutes, or until the crumb coating is golden brown and crisp and the fish is opaque at the center.
- 12Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Oven-Fried Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g